The data controller is:
CNR - Consiglio Nazionale delle Ricerche
Piazzale Aldo Moro, 7 - 00185 Roma
The contact point of the Data Controller within the CNR-IOM Institute is the Institute Director who can be reached at the following certified email address: email@example.com
Data Protection Officer
Contact email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Types of Data collected
Among the types of Personal Data automatically collected when using this Website, by itself or through third parties, there are: Tracker; Usage Data.
Personal Data freely provided by the User by registering or authenticating are: First name; Last name; Affiliation; Country; City; Address; Phone number; Email address; Password.
Users are responsible for any third-party Personal Data obtained, published or shared through this Website and confirm that they have the third party's consent to provide the Data to the Controller.
Mode and place of processing the Data
Methods of processing
NFFA-Trieste takes appropriate security measures to prevent unauthorized access, disclosure, modification, or unauthorized destruction of the Data.
The Data processing is carried out using computers and/or IT enabled tools, following organizational procedures and modes strictly related to the purposes indicated. In some cases, the Data may be accessible to certain types of persons in charge, involved with the operation of this Website (administration, legal, system administration, scientific staff) or external parties (IT companies) appointed as Data Processors by the Data Controller.
Legal basis of processing
The Data Controller may process Personal Data relating to Users if one of the following applies:
- Users have given their consent for one or more specific purposes;
- provision of Data is necessary for the performance of an agreement with the User and/or for any pre-contractual obligations thereof;
- processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which the Data Controller is subject;
- processing is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by the Data Controller or by a third party.
In any case, the Data Controller will gladly help to clarify the specific legal basis that applies to the processing, and in particular whether the provision of Personal Data is a statutory or contractual requirement, or a requirement necessary to enter into a contract.
The Data is processed at the Data Controller's operating offices and in any other places where the parties involved in the processing are located (Italy).
Personal Data shall be processed and stored for as long as required by the purpose they have been collected for, as long as the Users’ consent to processing is not withdrawn before this date.
After this date all personal information will be deleted from the servers but will still be part of the statistics of the project.
The right of access, the right to erasure, the right to rectification and the right to data portability cannot be enforced after expiration of the retention period.
The purposes of processing
The Data concerning the User is collected to allow the Data Controller to provide its Service, comply with its legal obligations, respond to enforcement requests, protect its rights and interests (or those of its Users or third parties), detect any malicious or fraudulent activity, as well as Analytics purposes.
In any case, the processing operations shall be carried out in such a way as to guarantee the security, confidentiality and availability of the data, according to principles of correctness, lawfulness and transparency, aimed at protecting the fundamental rights and freedoms of natural persons.
Specifically, Personal Data is collected for the following purposes and using the following services:
Registration and authentication
By registering or authenticating, Users allow this Website to identify them and give them access to dedicated services.
The personal data provided by registering or authenticating are required for:
- NFFA-Trieste proposals management;
- NFFA-Trieste proposals evaluation and scheduling.
The User registers by filling out the registration form and providing the Personal Data directly to this Website.
Personal Data processed: First name; Last name; Affiliation; Country; City; Physical address; Phone number; Email address; Password.
Authentication to NFFA Datashare
Users’ credentials provided by registering or authenticating to this Website guarantee also the access to NFFA Datashare, a file sharing and collaboration platform hosted on a local server at CNR-IOM.
Personal Data processed: Email address; Encrypted Password.
Place of processing: Italy
User database management
This type of service allows the Data Controller to build user profiles by using the information that the User provides to this Website. Some of these services also enable the sending of timed messages to the User, such as emails based on specific actions performed on this Website and on NFFA Datashare platform.
Personal Data processed: First name; Last name; Affiliation; Country; City; Physical address; Phone number; Email address; Encrypted Password.
Place of processing: Italy
Google utilizes the Data collected to track and examine the use of this Website, to prepare reports on its activities and share them with other Google services.
Google may use the Data collected to contextualize and personalize the ads of its own advertising network. This integration of Google Analytics anonymizes your IP address.
Interaction with external social networks and platforms
This type of service allows interaction with social networks or other external platforms directly from the pages of this Website. The interaction and information obtained through this Website are always subject to the User’s privacy settings for each social network. This type of service might still collect traffic data for the pages where the service is installed, even when Users do not use it.
The rights of Users
Users may exercise the following rights regarding their Data processed by the Data Controller:
- Withdraw their consent at any time: Users have the right to withdraw consent where they have previously given their consent to the processing of their Personal Data.
- Object to processing of their Data: Users have the right to object to the processing of their Data if the processing is carried out on a legal basis other than consent. Further details are provided in the dedicated section below.
- Access their Data: Users have the right to learn if Data is being processed by the Data Controller, obtain disclosure regarding certain aspects of the processing and obtain a copy of the Data undergoing processing.
- Verify and seek rectification: Users have the right to verify the accuracy of their Data and ask for it to be updated or corrected.
- Restrict the processing of their Data: Users have the right, under certain circumstances, to restrict the processing of their Data. In this case, the Data Controller will not process their Data for any purpose other than storing it.
- Have their Personal Data deleted or otherwise removed: Users have the right, under certain circumstances, to obtain the erasure of their Data from the Data Controller.
- Receive their Data and have it transferred to another controller: Users have the right to receive their Data in a structured, commonly used and machine readable format and, if technically feasible, to have it transmitted to another controller without any hindrance. This provision is applicable provided that the Data is processed by automated means and that the processing is based on the User's consent, on a contract which the User is part of or on pre-contractual obligations thereof.
- Lodge a complaint: Users have the right to bring a claim before their competent data protection authority.
Any requests to exercise User rights can be directed to the Data Controller through the contact details provided in this document.
Additional information about Data collection and processing
The User's Personal Data may be used for legal purposes by the Data Controller in Court or in the stages leading to possible legal action arising from improper use of this Website or the related Services.
The User declares to be aware that the Data Controller may be required to reveal personal data upon request of public authorities.
Additional information about User's Personal Data
System logs and maintenance
For operation and maintenance purposes, this Website and any third-party services may collect files that record interaction with this Website (System logs) use other Personal Data (such as the IP Address) for this purpose.
Information not contained in this policy
More details concerning the collection or processing of Personal Data may be requested from the Data Controller at any time. Please see the contact information at the beginning of this document.
Should the changes affect processing activities performed on the basis of the User’s consent, the Data Controller shall collect new consent from the User, where required.